Monday, June 19, 2017

Happy Father's Day! 6/19/17

District pic

Hey family!

First, Happy Father's Day to my Dad. He is the best ever, and never stops doing things to make our family a stronger and more united family.

This week was sooo busy. We had lots of things happen, like transfers, strikes, meetings and questura appointments.

So transfer calls came down like this, I am staying the exact same, and Anziano Boscán is still my companion.  The empty spaces in the district are filled by Sorella N'zoungani (from Italy) and Sorella Moro (from Costa Rica), the first of which is my daughter in the mission! Her trainer is Sorella Crandell, who was in my MTC group.

Then there were other things, but that's all the district news.

The day after transfers we usually have the Mission Leadership Council, but due to a nationwide transportation strike, that was not possible. Lucky for me, I had to find my way across Rome that day because I had to renew my residency permit...funnn. That was completely crazy.

MLC was great though. We talked a ton about raising the standard of the mission and improving as much as possible. So our theme is to search for those "plateaus" that we have reached, and keep climbing up.

Then on Sunday we had CS and SM confirmed. I got the wonderful opportunity to confirm and give the gift of the Holy Ghost to SM. It was a great experience and they were both so happy afterward. The priesthood is such a beautiful thing to have restored on the earth again. I'm always in such awe of the generosity our Heavenly Father had when he restored it back to the Earth.

That night was super cool, too. We did a bunch of finding with a lot of good success. We can't wait to reap some rewards during this week. Also that finding totally involved “crashing” a Peruvian party.

I have been studying Preach My Gospel, the promises in the Book of Mormon, and a ton of conference talks recently. I really love the Book of Mormon study. 

Anyways, I love you all, and have a great week!

Anziano Ridd

Another photo from last week's baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment