Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Festa Della Mamma (Mother's Day) - 5/9/16


P-day Calcio (Soccer) with the Zone


I believe this is the homemade pizza that Anziano Ridd and his comp made this week.
Check out the creativity on this weight set...water bottle weights!
Hey Family!

This will be short because I don’t have a lot of time.

Pretty much this week was sweet and action-packed. I worked really hard with my comp and got a decent amount done. Sadly lots of our investigators bailed out on us…hopefully next week will be better for that, but we did a lot of good finding. This next week will be awesome, because we will be able to meet a lot of the people we found!!! Yay!

Ok, the language is super interesting because half of the time I have no idea what people are saying, but then I realize it is Sicilian – hahaha. So I’m gonna just learn my Italian better, then start on that.

So yesterday was the best to Skype y’all. I mean…I haven’t been in the field for even 2 weeks and I got to talk to y’all. Super fun. I hope you had a wonderful day, Mama!

We had a busy P-day today. We all met up and played zone calcio (soccer). It was super fun and it took like 3 hours, so that’s probably why I don’t have a ton of time. But then we went to the “tie cave,” which is some guy’s garage, pretty much. He sells tons of ties for super cheap, so – he and the elders have a really tight bond, hahaha.

Anyway, my favorite scriptures this week were these:
Alma 36:24
Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of the exceeding joy of which I did taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.

1 Peter 3:15
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

Ether 12:4
Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God.

Anyways, I loved this week. I love all of you! Have a great week!!!

Love,
Anziano Ridd

Note from the Mamma - 
We had a great Skype call on Mother's Day from Anziano Ridd! It was so fun to talk with him! Here are a few highlights from our call ~

*When traveling to Sicily by train, the train is transported on a ferry across the Straits of Messina before being split into two parts and continuing on the rail tracks in Sicily. So, Anziano Ridd rode on both a train and a boat at the very same time to arrive in Palermo, Sicily! 

*Anziano Ridd mostly walks, or takes a bus or tram, around Palermo. Palermo is a city of approximately 655,000. 

*Anziano Ridd assists in teaching English lessons (discussions) with people who want to learn English. He and the other missionaries teach twice a week, and there are 3 levels of classes (discussions) offered. They have great attendance at these lessons. 

*His blonde hair seems to draw people in to help him with whatever he needs (directions, Italian pronunciation, etc). 

*Anziano Ridd really loves eating both cannoli and gelato (he's loved every flavor of gelato so far, especially the peach). He and his companion had 2 eating appointments for lunch last week. (Grazie!)

*Most shops shut down between 1:00 and 4:00pm (13:00 - 16:00) for pranzo (lunch). It's hard to find people out and about at this time. This is when most Italians eat their main meal. 

*There are lots of stray dogs and cats everywhere (unneutered).

*He enjoys living in their 4-man apartment! They are on floor 6 and there are no elevators. 

No comments:

Post a Comment