Monday, September 5, 2016

Napola Bella :D - September 5, 2016





Dear Family,

Wow, Napoli is amazing! I feel like every day I get to serve here is a blessing. There is such a cool culture here.

Today for p-day we went to see a castle that overlooks Napoli. It was amazing to see the city. It's probably one of the most breathtaking cities I have ever seen.

So this week was pretty cool. Sadly, we didn't have as many of the appointments we were hoping for. This week we are making some changes to our priorities and we’re going to have a lot more appointments. This is possible because of all the contacts and new investigators we found during finding. We did a lot of finding last week.

We are excited though; the Italians are all returning from vacation. So we now have the opportunity to meet with all our investigators. In fact, this week I met one of our investigators, S. He is about 35 and owns a pizzeria right near the church. He is pretty ripped and has been taught all the lessons. We really just need to commit him to baptism, so that's what we plan on doing this week.

Our investigators are doing well, and we are excited to help them keep it up or start progressing. In church we had F and also C, a newer investigator. That was super cool. The Pozzuoli branch is now back in their building and it's just our branch with 4 missionaries. That's kinda nice though, because now I can meet and know who is in this branch. The branch seems super friendly and I can't wait to get to know them better.

I finished reading the Book of Mormon this week. It is always exciting to finish it again, but this time I'm a bit more excited because this time I'll be reading it in Italian. The coolest thing about the Book of Mormon is at the end, too. That would be the promise that Moroni makes. (Click here to read Moroni's promise). I have read that about 1000 times out here and have offered many people the challenge to pray to know if the book is true. When it says to ask the Lord with a sincere heart and real intent, it means to ask and to expect an answer, and to be ready to act on this answer. I bear my testimony that the Book of Mormon is the word of God; that through this book we have the fullness of the gospel in the modern days. I know that the Lord leads the church today through a prophet, Thomas S. Monson.  The only way I can know this is because I have received an answer to my humble prayer - the prayer to know if this book is true. I love this gospel and the blessings it brings. The Book of Mormon is true. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

I love serving in Napoli. I'll send some amazing pictures to show you how awesome it is.

I love you all!

Anziano Ridd (Rido)


No comments:

Post a Comment