Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Zone Calcio - 12/5/16

Here is our Nativity scene at the Specialized Training meeting.
Anziano Ridd is the Shepherd standing in row 2, 2nd from left, holding a cane (umbrella).
Anz. Ridd is 2nd from right (front row)
Fam!

This last Monday ended super sick. We played football in the park and then taught some interesting people. One was a girl named GV. She is an evangelist, and she was trying to convert us the whole time we taught. So then after we finished teaching, she said she would give the prayer. She proceeded to grab our shoulders and bless us that we can find the truth and come to her church. Yeah...luckily, in her church we are already saved, according to their doctrine.

Anyways, other than that, we had a decent week. I wouldn't say it was as successful as some, but that depends on what you look at as success. We had a great scambio, learned a ton, and now have a clearer vision of what we need to focus on. The highlights of our work are EV and his family. We taught them on Saturday, and it went very well. Next week they said they will make us Fufu, a famous African dish that makes you strong. Then they all came to church on Sunday, and I got the pleasure of giving EV the Priesthood, which was a super great experience for both of us. His son J is still preparing to be baptized at the end of the month. 

Now here is the fun part of finding this week - football finding. It seems that a massive part of Italians have no idea of what football is and are interested in talking when we have it. So I have been loving it. People are now stopping us occasionally to talk with us about what it is and who we are. 

This last Saturday we had a Specialized Training. It went very well and I really had a ton of fun. In fact, when we finished, we did a Nativity scene. I was the Shepherd. Pictures may follow. 

A strange take-away I had this week: Anziano Spencer was talking about some advice he got when he started his mission. He asked the AP at the time what he should know as a new missionary. His response was, "Right now you are just a child. When you finish your mission, you will be a man." Now that might not seem like news, or something super profound, but it made me think of a chapter in the New Testament: 1 Corinthians 13:11- "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." This is true. You stop doing some childish things. 

Anyways, life is great. We had a sick zone calcio this week and I LOVED IT. So I'll send a pic of that. I'm slowly being converted to the sport. 

Well…I think that's it. I love doing this work. I learn a ton every week. I recommend doing it as members. Just invite someone to the ward parties this winter or like...show the "Light the World" video. Click here to watch the Light the World video (2+ minutes) and for service ideas for each day through December 25th. 

Love y'all,
Anz Ridd

No comments:

Post a Comment