Tuesday, December 27, 2016

All You Want for Christmas is Me - 12/26/16




Merry Christmas!!!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful time over Christmas. I know I did. 

Anyways I'll cut to the meat, because it's the best part of any weekly email. This week, J passed his baptismal interview and will be baptized this Wednesday. He is super excited and his dad, who will baptize him, is excited as well. That's the biggest hunk of meat in this email; all the rest is about fun things. This week, we had fun (and we did work too).

So on Friday night we had the whole zone into Napoli. We all met up at one of the busier areas of Napoli and we sang Christmas carols for a solid 2 hours and 30 minutes. It was one of the sickest (coolest) things. We had a massive crowd, and everyone got into the Christmas spirit. I was genuinely surprised at the size of the crowd. 

On Saturday, we had a really amazing meal appointment with some great members. We ate all kinds of fish, spaghetti and salads. It was pretty terrific because they have a few kids who are going on missions soon, that are awesome. I really enjoyed the time spent together with them. They then surprised us and gave us gifts! We got belts and kaleidoscopes. How amazing!!!

On Christmas, we had an awesome time at church and then went with Ev and F to Ev's house. We at like 5 pounds of fried rice each...no kidding. And then we ate goat legs! I can't say I am much of a fan. After, we got to teach Ev how to baptize and prepare for the baptism.

The coolest thing was that night I Skyped with my beautiful family. It was so great, because I got to feel like a brother again. I miss my brothers more than I realized – hahaha!  I only remember when I am reminded of how awesome they are. Also, my parents - they are the best! So fun to catch up a bit on life and such. 

Today I got brown shoes. I expect to be leaving Napoli this week, so we will see! Transfer calls are Tuesday and on Friday we leave. So next email I'll update y'all. It will be sad saying goodbye to Anziano Youngblood, because he is a beast and a great "son."

Anyways, I love you all! Thanks for all the love!

Anziano Ridd

Skyping with our missionary ~ our favorite part of Christmas!
We are all wearing our Italy t-shirts for the special occasion! 

No comments:

Post a Comment