Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Bourne Again - 3/27/17

Bye to Allen! 
Hey family!

This week was pretty sick and really busy. That was because we had transfers, and sadly, that meant I said goodbye to Anziano Allen.

So Monday night came around, and we got our calls. Anziano Allen was transferred to be the zone leader of Taranto, and I will be here in Rome 3 for another transfer. BUT, Rome 3 received some big changes. The other companionship of Anziani were blown out and shut down. So my new companion, Anziano Bourne, and I will get their work too, and will make sure Rome 3 gets huge this transfer. I am super excited.

A little about Anziano Bourne ~ he is from Washington DC and his family has just recently moved to The Woodlands, Texas! So they are actually in the home ward right next to mine. He has only 2 more transfers left, so he is by far the oldest missionary I have ever served with. That being said, he is an absolute workhorse, and he knows what he is doing. Even in the first few days with him I have learned so much about being a better zone leader and missionary. I'm excited for this transfer with him. Self-described, he is a Pretty Chill Guy. I agree.

Anyways, in the last few days we have found quite a few new investigators: 2 from Iran, 1 from Moldova, and the others are cool Italians. So we are excited to see them progress and read the Book of Mormon. OS is going to be baptized on the 8th of April, and we are excited to get a lot of people out to that.

I am really excited for next weekend though. This week we will be spreading the news to all that we meet that the prophets of God will speak this weekend. I hope we can get everyone out to see it. (Click here or here for info on how to watch this weekend's LDS General Conference this Saturday & Sunday at 11am & 3pm Houston time - aka Central Time Zone; or 10am & 2pm, MDT). 

Other than those things, this week I have been focusing on diligence and growth. Something I learned is that real growth always comes through diligent effort. What does diligence mean? I like to think of it as consistent effort, or constant repentance. As we are diligent, we have to have patience; we may not see the changes or growth we want after a week, or maybe even two. But if we keep it up, we will see lasting changes. I found this to be especially true with a testimony. We might not get a big one from an amazing experience, but if we are diligent, it will surely grow. Remember, it takes 3 weeks to make a habit. At least shoot to be 100% diligent with whatever you do for 3 weeks and see how it becomes a desire instead of something you are "supposed to do."

I love you all!

Anziano Ridd

No comments:

Post a Comment