This week was straight gold.
Here is a quick summary of reasons it was interesting/gold:
- President Pickerd and Sister Pickerd returned to America for health reasons and medical treatment. They should be returning soon. Because of this, we have a temporary Mission President, President Euvrard from France. We got to meet him and his wife on Sunday. They are really cool and I'm excited to work with them for the next bit.
- This week Anziano Rodriguez and I did a scambio. It was great, and I learned a lot from how he does missionary work. One thing I really liked was that he likes to use examples and "parables" all the time when he is teaching. I have really been doing my best to adopt the same usage, because I can see how it makes a lot of things easier to understand for others.
- It's seems that whenever we do scambi, we see miracles. This time we got a call from a Filipino family of 4 that lives close to us. They wanted to invite us to lunch that Saturday! We went and it was amazing, and they are just great Christians. We are excited to meet and teach them again this week.
- During this week we also met RF at English course. He is from the Congo and is a lawyer, but needs to learn English. He is super into the Gospel and we are going to meet him this week.
- On Sunday we got introduced to MK. He is the son of a family in the ward from the Philippines, and just barely came over to Italy. Although his whole family are members of the church, he is not. He and his family really want to learn more and help him make some new friends in Italy, and we gladly obliged.
- Then to top off the the Sunday with a cherry, PL came to church and is ecstatically preparing for baptism in a a few weeks. He is such a good guy and can already see and feel the joy of the gospel.
That's about it for this week. It was amazing and I loved every bit of it.
Italia sta fiorendo!
I love you guys!