Monday, July 3, 2017

Unforeseen Zone Conference - 7/3/17


Zone Conference
Anziano Ridd - front row, 2nd from right. Anziano Boscán is on the front row, far right.
Anziano Youngblood is in the middle row, 4th from the right. 
Hey family!!

This week was great! We had some cool successes with investigators and then an unanticipated zone conference.

So this week we got a fat Bidone, or we got stood up hard. So we were kinda upset with ourselves, because our backup plan was unreasonable. We decided instead to go to the park nearby. As we walked in, there were some people on benches, but also some people walking. Usually people on benches are easier to teach because they are seated, but a guy who was walking in front of us looked at us and I felt a need to talk to him. I said "Ciao, what's your name?" He said it was PL, and asked us what we are up to here in Rome. I told him, and asked him if he had a sec to hear the message right then and he said ya. We taught him of the Restoration, and it clicked for him. We told him if he met us the next day we could give him a copy of the Book of Mormon. We met the next day for a great lesson about the Book of Mormon and finding the truth. He said, "Why in the world has no one told me about this? It's clear that it's true. It makes sense."  Then he came to church on Sunday and could not have been more uplifted. He said he was brought to tears, and he was "full of joy". It's amazing how the Lord guides us to those who are ready as we do His will.

Then we had a zone conference and it was one of the most spiritual I have had yet. I loved it and it really reinvigorated me as we talked about Preach My Gospel and the will of God…two things I love a ton. It was totally not foreseen, as was said previously, but it went really well in the end.

Anyways, I love you all. Sorry it's a short one.

Anziano Ridd

No comments:

Post a Comment