Monday, November 20, 2017

Thanksgiving - 11/20/17

Anziano Ridd in front of the Rome Temple
Hey! Happy Thanksgiving!

This was a pretty sweet week. I had some scambi with Anziano Osmond, and saw some cool success throughout.

So at the beginning of the week we had the scambio. I loved working with Anziano Osmond. He is a great missionary and a really hard worker. I saw his desire to serve the Lord and it was evident that he has been giving it his all. We got to teach a few great lessons together, during which we saw a lot of progress in our investigators. 

One of the awesome things we saw this week was in the P family. In their family right now, only the 2 older daughters are members, and the mom is taking the lessons. On the visit with Anziano Osmond, Sister P opened up and asked if the next time we came we could give a blessing in her home. Fast forward to the next time, the Spirit was super strong. We talked about how the Spirit really is our comforter because of his role to testify of Jesus Christ and lead us to His truth. When he does that, we receive comfort as we believe and gain the hope that comes through Jesus. I then got the opportunity to bless their house, and the Spirit was so strong, which was awesome because they also had their brother and sister there who were not as interested. I know that in that lesson we taught exactly what the Spirit gave to us in that moment. 

We picked up two cool new investigators this week, ZL and BL. They are married and have a new baby girl, G. They are seeking the truth and are so excited to have met with us and have found more of it. We are excited for them. 

This Thanksgiving, I am thankful for so many things: the mission, my family, all my companions. But I think the one that sticks out to me the most right now is our ever constant companion, the Holy Ghost. Truly he guides us, and helps us know our true identities as children of God. He has so much patience when we don’t listen or understand his whispered promptings and will always be there to confirm the truth. This is definitely one of the greatest blessing of God to those whole are baptized into the church, and one I will always be grateful for.

I love you all! Have a great Thanksgiving!

Love,
Anziano Ridd
Anziano Ridd and companion, Anziano Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment