Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Start the Flood - 10/3/17

Zone Conference




Hey Family!

This week was super sick due to General Conference. I'm writing late, because not only did we see conference, we also had zone conference yesterday.

So the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles has decided we need to turn our presence on social media from a trickle - which it is right now - into a flood. This was a big topic of zone conference. We are now authorized to use Facebook and share the gospel through it. This is great because it will help so much here in Italy. The miracle of it though, is it has no bounds. It has the opportunity for limitless good and to connect and contact nearly 2 billion people with Facebook accounts. We also have no boundaries as a mission. If someone wants to know what I am doing out here, and wants to know what I am teaching, or would like to come closer to Christ, we can Skype and teach the first lesson to those people with our mission president's permission. I guess that's an invite for you! If you want to, send me a message, and we might be able to work something out.

I'm very excited for this, but General Conference is always my favorite weekend of the year. So I'm going to chat about that. First of all, we are led by a prophet today who receives revelation from Christ himself to guide us. Second, I know the Quorum of the 12 are true Apostles of the Lord, and speak 100% truth. And third, being true to my childhood nickname, "sunshine boy," I love light. President Uchtdorf talked about how the Light of Christ is always shining, but sometimes there are times of darkness. But like night, we don't just assume that the sun is no longer there; we know there is a shadow, and the sun will come out. I know that the light of Christ is always shining, and like the earth, we need to be in the right position to feel His warmth and love. To listen to this awesome talk, please click here.

I love you all! Have a great week! 

Anziano Ridd

Anziano Huntsman & Anziano Ridd - friends from The Woodlands, TX (aka "home!")

No comments:

Post a Comment