Monday, October 23, 2017

The 10 Euro Miracle - 10/23/17


Anziano Ridd with his new companion and apartment mates.
L-R: Anziano Osmond, Anziano Allred, Anziano Ridd and Anziano Wijesundera
New companions!
Anziano Wijesundera and Anziano Ridd in Perugia

Hey guys!

This week was soooo pack with stuff. I mean, PACKED. This email is a small attempt to explain what has been going on. 

Well the event of the week was definitely Elder Ballard coming. He is amazing and has such a powerful testimony in Jesus Christ. He talked to us a bunch about miracles and prayer. I loved that he invited us to seek the will of our Heavenly Father instead of try to command him around. He knows what’s best for us, we just need to ask him what we should do. Also he totally remembered Dad by name. 

So, the results of transfer calls on Monday surprised the masses of our house. The go like this. Anziano Waddell is going to work in the YSA in Rome, Anziano McConkie is going to be with Anziano Toronto and remain in Pescara. I have been sent away to serve in the most northern city in our mission, Perugia. So after many goodbyes, and much sadness, I am in the beautiful Perugia. Things are great though. I have a great companion, Anziano Wijesundera from Malibu, California, and the guys in the house up here are studs as well: Anziano Osmond from the land of Provo, and Anziano Allred from Williamsburg, Virginia. We make a great team to get the group here to become a branch. 

I came crashing down in Perugia is its most famous moment. Perugia was in mid-swing of its Eurochocolate - a massive European chocolate festival. It was so busy here. Surprising, I found myself broke due to all the travels and couldn’t buy much chocolate to fatten myself with. But if you wanna know, Perugia is a city of chocolate. When we wake up we smell chocolate in the air...also due to the fact that the Perugia chocolate factory is right next to our house.

Blessings on blessings, KL was baptized and confirmed last weekend. It was awesome to hear from him and he told me how great he felt. He even brought a friend who now wants to follow Jesus and be baptized. Go KL!

Now to the ten Euro miracle: so, I mentioned I was broke. That was true except for the 10 euro I had saved to buy groceries today. So, limiting myself to 10 euro, I bought a bunch of stuff and made sure it was under 10. As I checked out I saw that it was 10 items, and I got worried I spent too much. The cashier looks at me and says, that will be 10 euro. EXACTLY. that was the sickest thing ever. Miracles happen! Have faith.

Love you all! 
Anziano Ridd 


No comments:

Post a Comment